The Department of Theoretical and Computational Ecology (TCE) at the University of Amsterdam is looking for an Assistant or Associate Professor in Land Cover & Land Use Dynamics. The position is focused on developing and applying models and spatio-temporal data analytics for understanding and predicting the impact of land cover and land use change on biodiversity, ecosystem services or animal habitats.
- Develop and establish a research line with a focus on land use impacts on ecosystems by using computational approaches in combination with remote sensing and big biodiversity and environmental data resulting in publications in leading academic journals;
- Supervise research of PhD candidates and postdocs;
- Acquire external funding to sustain and expand your research line;
- Actively pursue collaborations with relevant stakeholders inside and outside academia;
- Contribute to scientific outreach and /or societal engagement.
Application deadline – 31 January 2023.
More information and application details you can find here.