The European Commission’s Joint Research Centre (JRC) is looking for a marine biology scientist with a strong background in policy related marine biodiversity assessments to take over the position of Scientific Project Officer within the work programme of the Unit related to the fields of Marine Environment.
The selected candidate will be expected to:
- Support the implementation of the MSFD in EU Member States regarding the environmental status
- of marine habitats, species and food-webs and their links with MSFD pressure descriptors, to
- improve reporting and support the MSFD review process.
- Carry out scientific and technical work focused on the further development of assessment
- procedures for Marine Biodiversity, harmonised reporting by EU MS and the implementation
- of adequate measures for its protection.
- Collaborate with different Commission Services, related technical expert networks, research teams
- and Regional Sea Conventions, organising meetings and stakeholder consultations, supporting
- policy analysis;
- Produce technical reports, scientific publications and guidance documents.
More details about the position and how to apply you can find here.
Apply by 9 February 2023.