The Topic Center on Biodiversity and Ecosystems, associated with the German Centre for Integrative Biodiversity Research (iDiv) and led by Prof. Henrique Pereira and Dr. Néstor Fernández is looking for two Scientific Officers to join their team. The Biodiversity Conservation group investigates patterns and processes of global biodiversity change, with the goal of informing environmental policy and management of ecosystems.
These positions are funded by the European Environment Agency’s (EEA) European Topic Centre on Biodiversity and Ecosystems 2023-2026 Program (ETC-BE) and aim to provide support to the European Environment Agency through the coordination of activities in relation to biodiversity reporting. In particular, the tasks include dataflows related to CDDA, Natura 2000 and Emerald, Nature Restoration Law, European biodiversity indicators, Invasive Alien Species, conservation status pledges, mapping of EU ecosystem types and EUNIS habitats, protection of old growth forests, as well as other additional tasks as needed and as appropriate.
- A scientific University degree (Diploma/ M.Sc.) in Biology, Environmental Sciences, or a related field
- A Doctoral degree (PhD) in a related field is a plus
- Knowledge of EU legislation and policy instruments on biodiversity
- Experience in revising and drafting policy oriented scientific documents
- Experience in data management using databases (e.g., PostgreSQL), GIS tools and tools for analysis and visualization through interactive dashboards (e.g., Microsoft Access, ArcGIS and Tableau) are a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, multitasking abilities, a sense of diplomacy and a collaborative spirit
- Demonstrated ability to work with and coordinate across large and diverse teams
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Fluency in English
Apply by 31 January 2023!
More about the positions and how to apply you can find here.