Are you experienced in the installation and maintenance of digital sensors for identifying species and their traits? Are you interested in biodiversity monitoring and setting up technical and sampling equipment in the field? Then this might be just the right position for you. The University of Amsterdam is seeking to hire a Biodiversity Monitoring Technician for the ARISE project.
- Installation of sensors;
- Ensuring that monitoring equipment, data collection and data transmission at monitoring demonstration sites are functional and running;
- Repairs and replacement of monitoring equipment;
- Maintain communication with the scientific project leader, the assistant project manager and other project partners, site hosts and users.
- Medium or higher technical education (MBO/HBO);
- Experience with digital sensors and ICT;
- Interest in ecology and biodiversity monitoring;
- Sufficient command of both the Dutch and English language;
- Driver’s license;
- Ability to drive with both manual and automatic transmission cars, and in difficult terrain.
The deadline for submitting your application is 7 November, 2022. All further details on the vacancy and how to apply, can be found here.